Final book + Evaluation

28 Apr

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Having Finished this project i am happy with the final outcome. My favorite thing about the book is the front cover as it gives of the fun creative look i was going for. Having spoken to Mary before handing in my book she picked up on a few things i could have done better, for example the post cards were too big, i made them A5 to go with the rest of the book but looking back on it i should have made them smaller.

I had step by step instructions for the windmill and simple instructions for the paper jewellery so the audience can follow the steps and be interactive with the book, Mary also noticed there were no instructions for the boxes, however my target audience are young teenage girls and i believe teenage girls will not need instructions on how to make a simple book that is why i felt there was no need in including box instructions. the windmill was a little more complicated i believe so thats why i made it more clear on how to fold it and included step by step images to go with the instructions.

In the back of the book i included tracing paper, glitters and textured paper as mentioned before, this will give the target audience more to work with. I cut out pages at the back so i can make a slot for the glitters to go into, once the glitters have been used up that space would work well as a hiding place for the audience to hide their belongings. (teenage girls can hide their love notes etc)

A big problem i came across was cutting around the jewellery, i went to a crafts show and bought a perforator but when it came to cutting i realized the perforator ripped sections on the paper rather than scoring it to make it easy to rip out. I think that perhaps i should have gone out of my way more and maybe used a laser cutter. Although this project had its ups and downs i really enjoyed making my book and i found it fun especially the front cover and my hand drawn designs. The cover is a vexel painting i did on PhotoShop  and the text ‘Paper Crafts’ i hand drew and scanned it in.

The reason i added the red ribbon at the end is to make sure all the paper inside stays in place, although i stuck everything in when the target audience opens everything up it can get messy with paper bits everywhere but by using the ribbon they can just pack everything away neatly without bits of paper falling out everywhere. I also thing the ribbon adds a nice final touch.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: